This is a direct hire role in Flower Mound.
Senior Systems Administrator
The Senior Systems Administrator will be responsible for designing, building, supporting and managing all aspects of the network infrastructure. Areas of responsibilities will cover: local and wide area network technology, network security, Linux, Windows, IP Telephony, remote access, business continuity, disaster recovery, storage systems, creating policies and procedures that cover the areas of responsibility as required. Testing and evaluating new technologies and applications as needed and make recommendations to management.
Systems Administration and Support:
- Support and maintain hardware, operating systems, and associated infrastructure as required
- Monitor system performance, diagnose system issues, perform scheduled and emergency maintenance
- Propose and implement system enhancements
- Evaluate operating system upgrades and patches, implementing changes per change management policies and procedures
- Manage and enhance systems management tools and procedures (capacity planning, availability monitoring, performance management, etc)
- Plan hardware and software upgrades, system integrations and vendor-based solutions
- Implement and maintain asset/inventory
- Create and maintain system backups and procedures
- Maintain documentation and procedures to ensure compliance
- Maintain operating system logs and conduct periodic reviews
- Oversee the services supporting the user desktops
- Provide day to day operations across multiple locations
- Properly document issues and resolutions
- Follow processes and procedures; identify improvements
- Support off hours change control and outage resolution
- Deploy and manage such applications as Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft Office, SharePoint, multiple versions of Microsoft Server and Desktop Operating Systems, and Linux
- Evaluate and implement, where appropriate, SaaS (Software as a Service) using cloud computing technology
- Evaluate and implement, where appropriate, virtualization techniques on Servers and Desktops
- Evaluate and implement, if appropriate, IP Telephony as the delivery system for both phone and internet services for the Company
- Perform technological cost/benefit analysis on existing and new technologies
Application Management and Support:
- Author, implement, test, and periodically update Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Maintain appropriate application design documentation as well as infrastructure diagrams and hardware inventory.
- Maintain logging and monitoring of the Company’s applications/systems
Security and Compliance:
- Develop information security strategic, tactical and operations plans and recommendations.
- Establish and maintain security architecture requirements and standards that keep up with the latest emerging security threats.
- Communicate, implement and support information security solutions including security architectures, change/configuration management, and the integration of security products for business/technology programs and projects.
- Coordinate and perform security audits and vulnerability assessments to assess internal security procedures.
- Update and maintain the Company’s security policies and procedures in coordination with management and in compliance with our customer’s requirements.
- Work with our customers to assure that the Company is compliant with all of the legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provide security advisory and services that help deliver quality secure solutions that meet the business requirements and objectives of the Company and our customers.
- Deliver quality security risk assessments for any initiatives that introduce risk to the company.
- Prepare regular status reports to senior management, perform security risks assessments and gap analysis scenarios to identify security weaknesses and propose remediation controls.
- Create an access policy and control procedures for our employees.
- Effectively create and communicate security solution training (e.g., standards, administrator guides, user guides).
Cisco Router with Intrusion Detection System (IDS)/ Intrusion Protection System (IPS)
Cisco Anyconnect Secure Socket Layer (SSL)/Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Transport Layer Security (TLS)
Microsoft Operating Systems for Servers and Desktops
Microsoft Active Directory
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
Microsoft Group Policy Object (GPO)
Microsoft Terminal Server
System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
Domain Naming Services (DNS)/Windows Internet Name Service (WINS)
Hardware Vendor software & toolsets (IBM/Dell)
Platform build tools (for example, Ghost, Altiris, etc)
Symantec Anti Virus/Endpoint Protection
Symantec Pretty Good Privacy (PGP)/Netshare
Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
Networks and Firewall infrastructure
Scripting and Development
Interpersonal Skills – Oral and Written communication, flexibility, self driven, team player, ability to multi-task
Deep and broad experience with Microsoft server technologies and relevant training or certifications (MCSE or MCP certifications)
Must have excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
Must have a high degree of technical curiosity and a real passion for technology
- Experience in system security for banking, financial services, and/or mortgage companies.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Information Technology from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 7 years experience working with the Network and Server Infrastructure (including computer hardware and software setup, administration, testing, as well as Windows and personal firewall setups)
- 5-10 years of security experience focusing on architecture, information security, application security, engineering, controls, monitoring and project delivery.
- Experience in security project design, build, and delivery.
- Experience in designing and implementing security frameworks.
- Experience in risk management.
- Experience with Business Continuity Planning.
- Possess performance measurement skills, metrics and baseline strategies pertaining to information security reporting and progress analysis.
- Desired security, network, voice, and systems related professional certifications are a plus such as Security+, Network+, CEH, CISSP, SCCP , CISM, CCNA, CCSP, CCVP, CCNP, MCSE, CCIE, etc.
- Strong knowledge of industry standard security practices, emerging threats, and risk management.
- Experience with IP Telephony.
- Experience evaluating and overseeing outsourcing contracts.